All best sellers

Last blog articles

No news

See all
Mixing Balls

Mixing Balls

Active filters

Mixing balls for acrylic paints

Mixing balls are small metal balls that are used to mix paint pigments in acrylic paints and many other types of paints. They are also sometimes called stirring or paint mixing balls. They are typically made of stainless steel or another metal, and they are used to agitate the paint, helping to evenly mix the pigments and ensure that the paint is properly blended. They can help to save time and effort when working with paints with heavy pigments compared to mixing by hand without them.

Although all greenstuffworld hobby paints are already manufactured with them inside, many other manufacturers do not do it yet, and therefore you may need to buy them so you can complete the paint bottle. Also, they will be very useful if you need to transfer your paint pots to dropper bottles.

There are 2 versions:

What is the best material for stirring balls?

Not all of them are the same so the cheapest option will never be the solution. They may look the same, but after some time the rust will end up appearing and ruining your paint. 

The best material for them depends on the specific application and the requirements of the task. In general, stainless steel is a popular choice because it is durable, resistant to corrosion, and easy to clean. Other options include aluminum, glass, and plastic. Each material has its own unique properties, so it is important to consider the specific needs of your application when selecting a stirring ball material. The main factors to consider will be the density of the liquid being stirred, the size and weight of the ball, and the type of container in which the ball will be used. Glass and plastic ones may be used in low-density paints such as acrylic inks, chrome paints, and dipping inks.

Why mixing balls made of SS316L stainless steel

The best stainless steel is SS316L which is the only one valid to guarantee the perfect long-term resistance to oxidation.

SS316L is a type of stainless steel. The "SS" stands for "stainless steel," and the "316L" refers to the specific composition of the steel. Stainless steel is a type of alloy steel that is made up of a mixture of iron, carbon, and at least 10.5% chromium. The "L" in 316L stands for "low carbon," indicating that this particular stainless steel grade has a lower carbon content than other types of 316 stainless steel. SS316L is considered to be a highly corrosion-resistant steel, and it is often used in the food, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. It is also used in the construction of medical implants and in other applications where high levels of corrosion resistance are required.

How to transfer paints to dropper bottles easily?

There are a few steps you can follow to transfer hobby paints to dropper bottles easily:

  • Gather your materials: You will need an empty dropper bottle, a stirring stick, small plastic funnels, a paint revitalizer, and a wide surface to work on.
  • Prepare a dropper bottle including a small metal mixing ball, and then place in position a small plastic funnel.
  • Open the paint to transfer, and carefully open the paint pot, taking care not to spill any paint. Using a stirring stick, mix the paint adding a bit of paint revitalizer to make the paint more fluid and easy to transfer.
  • Transfer the paint, helping you with the stirring stick to scoop a small amount of paint out of the pot and into the plastic funnel. Repeat this process until you have transferred all of the desired paint into the dropper bottle.
  • Clean up: Wipe any excess paint off of the stirring stick and plastic funnel. Rinse the stirring stick and allow it to dry completely.
  • Close and store the dropper bottle: Once you have finished transferring the paint, close the dropper bottle tightly and store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.

By following these steps, you should be able to transfer acrylic paints to dropper bottles easily and without making a mess.

You can also check out our silicone panting mat.