PROJEKTEProjekte von Gemalten Gestalten, Skulpturen und Skalenmodellierung
The Boltons and Free Folk Raiders seemed to be the ideal candidates for these tests!
Now to the skull and skeleton textures!
Now to the skull and skeleton textures! The Roose Bolton had to go on a base like this after I was shown a few scenes from a Game of Thrones episode...
I used a little bit of the oxide pastes to mesh the edges of the texture sheet with the cork and base.
The biggest challenge would be one of the units, since whatever I did with the bases would also have to work on the movement tray.
I discovered that the material could be snapped off in pieces far easier than I first anticipated. I thought that you had to use a clipper or snip of some kind, but it turns out that there are some natural "break points" where it is thin enough to snap off a small piece without ruining a key texture.
Just as I would with the tree bark, I made several pieces that could go in the gaps on the tray between the figures, trying to maintain the same sort of texture that was placed on the closest figure's base.
A few types of cork also filled out the tray, giving some of the same poses a different look just by changing the height.
Once again, I employed some of the texture paste to blend things together.
Here's the movement tray and miniatures! Ready for priming!
more pictures of other units ready to paint