We start with a large, smooth piece with several details (in fact, it is one of the pieces that I had left when assembled the airplane)
The next step is to cover the entire surface of my classic mix of water, PVA glue, talc powder and sand as thin as possible (50% talc and sand, and 50% water and PVA glue).
The amount of the mix that we put will give us the thickness and appearance of the texturing, and it depends entirely on our taste. In this example, as I said, it is quite thick and aggressive, while on the plane it is thinner.
This is the appearance once dry:
We can now proceed to painting, starting with a black basecoat.
Now I give a series of layers of highlighting with an aggressive stippling with a rather thick brush. The sequence is the following:
Evil Sunz Scarlett (two layers)
Troll Slayer Orange (two layers)
Now, instead of stippling, I give a couple of more or less diluted layers of Troll Slayer Orange + yellow (70-30), in the area that I want to highlight and define more (the front in this case)
I repeat the same step as the previous one, adding a bit of bone to the mixt and reinforcing with light the most frontal part, as well as elements or protruding lines.
The next step is to shade with generous glazes of dark green, in the areas opposite to those I have illuminated in the previous step. I have used green tones for being complementary colors to the reds and oranges already used, to reinforce the contrast created.
Now, to reinforce even more that contrast, I use a turquoise with a bit of bone in some of the shadow areas and other parts, like rivets. Also, it gives more chromatic richness
Finally, I profile the edges with pure bone (or even white), to define well the main angles and planes.
And that's it, here I leave some pictures of the finished plane.